Working in Binomial
At Binomial, you will get the opportunity to help organisations of all types achieve sustainable, long-term growth. This means the unique opportunity to be exposed to a variety of career experiences ranging from branding 200 year old companies to innovating the future of retail to helping non-profits create their 5-year plans. Our small team and inclusive culture allow talents like you to create a difference for our clients and community. We are remote-first, which offers a good balance of independent deep-work and collaborative teamwork. If you are someone with the desire to make an impact, the energy to push yourself further, and the creativity to tackle gnarly issues, join us now.
What you’ll do
Consultants at Binomial love the challenge in solving problems and enjoy non-routine work. Throughout your journey with us, you can expect to:
What it's like to work here
You will be part of the consulting team and work on client projects or internal innovation initiatives. You’ll get the opportunity to use various innovation and strategy methodologies as we solve problems for clients. In addition, exposure to C-suite executives and business owners will be the norm given we work directly with management and boards of directors for most of our projects.
Examples of work we’ve done includes branding for a regional property development conglomerate looking to expand regionally & globally, running strategic planning workshops for one of Singapore’s top attractions, organising an innovation challenge to tackle the future of retail as well as identifying new products for a client based on their existing core competencies.
In terms of work culture, we are a remote-first team, with in-person meetings when needed, and organise our work with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). There is a high degree of trust and responsibility on everyone to collaborate and push ahead together. We also take our own medicine and constantly run internal innovation initiatives – from adopting the latest innovation app to deciphering the future of consulting. Everyone chips in on these initiatives and we have dedicated time for learning and discussions each week.
What we look for in a team mate
1. Curious: You are constantly learning about how the business landscape is changing and how companies are getting disrupted or disrupting.
2. Problem-solvers: You are resourceful and analytical. You can identify patterns with data & insights, and distill them into actionable recommendations.
3. Principled: You never compromise work quality. While we’re in a hurry to do the right things for our clients, we have to do them right.
4. Strong communicator: You are great at writing, speaking, and presenting in English. Other languages are a plus.
5. Independent: We were founded as a distributed team (this was pre-Covid). We now predominately work remotely and will get together in-person for discussions when needed. We trust each other to do our best work without daily “face time”.
The Consultant’s role is for someone with 1 – 3 years of experience, while Senior Consultants would have 3 – 5 years of experience
Ability to communicate and present effectively in English (written and spoken) is critical
Proficient in using MS Office, particularly with MS PowerPoint
Experience in consulting, research, or branding is helpful, but not required